Thursday 18 December 2014

Self portrait

A day at home painting. 
We are planning an exhibition in the New Year based on self portraits. There will be two portraits of each of us, one done by ourselves and the other by one of the other artists. Should be fun ! We are tossing a coin as to who we get to paint so that there is no favouritism. The object of the exersise is not to produce a likeness but more of an interpretation.....
Anyway, here is my self portrait. An intuitive painting that took about five hours or so. I really had no idea what I would do when I started and just let it evolve. I think there is probably quite a lot you could read into this !



The day started like this








 Detail. I can see a day of the dead mask in here. Three faces, where do they start and end ?


1 comment: