Friday 28 March 2014

Ta' Nikol

Down the winding back streets behind St George's Basilica  lies Ta' Nikol, a tiny gallery space behind red doors. The former stable has been transformed into a lovely light and airy space to house local art. Local abstract artist Richard Bourne produces contemporary works based on concepts that include numerology and colours conceived from sport and random meetings of people. Oliver Cook is well known for his ink and pen drawings of local scenes and of course some of my work is beginning to creep in too !

I love to be in the gallery and actually manage to get some work done while I am there. Passers by often pop in to see what I am working on and it's nice to chat about my art...or just art generally. I am usually in there on a Monday and will be there on a Saturday too, starting next month. Richard is there the rest of the time and always ready to talk about his work.


The gallery has an atmosphere that lends it's self to relaxation and just sitting around chatting and enjoying the work without pressure to buy ! So if you fancy coming in for a coffee and a rest as you wander around the the streets of Victoria, pop in. We also stock cards, jewellery, prints, and other small pieces. As from next month we will be open 5 days a week 10.30-3.30.




'Salt pans' on driftwood. I am still working on my flower dyeing and wind drawings and hope to get some of those in there soon. 




1 comment: